Thursday, January 8, 2009

War in Gaza

I've been trying to avoid hearing, reading, watching any kind of wars in the world my whole life. I'm an ostrich who sticks her head in the sand and refuses to believe human would hurt other human that way. It upsets me so much sometimes I would shake, cry and simply push everything out of my mind so I don't have to deal.

This morning the school invited a speaker to inform students about what's going on in Gaza. I went into the talk in half way and it broke my heart just to hear how people rationalized the war is necessary. I don't know the details of how and why Israel is doing what it's doing, however, not one second that I can agree to any war decisions. Call me native, call me ignorant, anything, civilized people do not hurt each other. As the speaker stepped down, they showed a slide show of the war in Gaza. I stepped out after a few pictures running. I could not do it.

I still remembered the day on 911 I couldn't stop crying and rocking back and forth involuntarily and felt like the world was gonna end. No matter how I avoided to hear all these people died for the justice war in Iraq, the news still sneaked into my brain that we had all these people passed away and we are sending more to die or get hurt. When is this going to end? Or one day the nature will take care of us. There's no more war because there's no more human.

No comments: